Savills Investment Management have always been devoted to increase the level of sustainability of their portfolio. In the business area of Assago Milanofiori (Milan, Italy) they signed a green loan regarding the U4 building, one of the assets of their portfolio, with a commitment aimed at improving the ESG / sustainability credentials in their portfolio, which was compliant with the green loan principles. The main challenge was the fact that the 12-storey building has always been in operation and entirely occupied by tenants. This made it almost impossible to undertake invasive renovation works to implement efficient improvement measures. At the same time the landlord wanted to make sure all of the tenants were involved in the certification process in order to increase the awareness of the ESG principles.
LEED for Operations and Maintenance has been chosen as rating system.
- The v4.1 version of the scheme requires the involvement of the tenants who share their consumptions and take part in surveys.
- Little to no construction has been undertaken with the relief of the tenants.
- All the steps have been carried out smoothly thanks to the cooperation with the property managers from CBRE who helped proactively.
The asset reached the LEED v4.1 O+M certification with a GOLD score.
- Thanks to the Arc Platform that governs LEED v4.1 O+M, a continuous monitoring of the performance of the asset optimizes the operation of the building and facilitates the daily task of the property managers.
- The tenants feel more engaged and have started implementing green policies.